Hongjun Wang, Ph.D.
Maung Kyaw (Malcolm) Khaing Oo
(co-advised with Prof. Henry Du)
Joung-Hyun (Helen) Lee
(co-advised with Prof. Woo Lee)
My research project focuses on the application of a bottom-up approach tobone tissue reconstruction. We aim to apply electrospun nanofibers to regenerate large-scale vascularized bone tissue, with similar hierarchy, structures and biomechanical properties to natural bone.
My long-term objective is to construct tissue-engineered skin which can mimic the structure and function of native skin. In order to get the most suitable scaffold for skin tissue, my research focuses on cell-material interaction. We expolre the effects of nanofiber organization on the attachment, gene expression, and matrix deposition of human adipose stem cells.
Shabari Deepak Amrite
Undergraduates: Victor, Ya-Yu, Nicole, Amanda, Amanda
Cevat Erisken (co-advised with Prof. Dilhan Kalyon) (Postdoc, BME, Columbia Univ)
Jeckin Shah (Spoc Inc. Stamford)
- Ms. Siena York-Carr (BME, Stevens Inst. of Tech, summer 2006)
- Mr. Kentebe R. Ogbolu (BME, Stevens Inst. of Tech., summer 2006, 2006-2007)
- Ms. Esther M. Rodriguez (BME, Stevens Inst. of Tech., summer 2006, 2006-2007)
- Mr. Anibal Lopes (Chemical Engr. NJIT, summer, 2007)
- Ms. Olga Ugolev (Chem. Biol., Stevens Inst. of Tech., 2006-2007)
- Ms. Miriam Finkel (Chem. Biol., Stevens Inst. of Tech., 2007)
- Ms. Roohi Khanna (Chem. Biol., Stevens Inst. of Tech., 2006-2008)
- Ms. Rebecca Baldyga (Chem. Biol., Stevens Inst. of Tech., 2008)
- Ms. Nichol Riccardello (Chem. Biol., Stevens Inst. of Tech., 2008)
- Ms. Martha Scola (Civil Engineering, Essex County College, summer, 2008)
- Ms. Ami Shah (Chem Biol, Stevens Inst. of Tech, summer 2006)