ECE Research Areas & Faculty Research Topics
| Cristina Comaniciu|
|Associate Professor & EE Graduate Program Director (RESEARCH INTERESTS: Wireless networks, cross-layer design, game theoretic methods, multiuser detection)|
|School: ||Schaefer School of Engineering & Science|
|Department: ||Electrical and Computer Engineering|
|Program: ||Computer Engineering|
|Research Center: ||Center for Intelligent Networked Systems|
|Location:||207 Burchard Building|
|Research & Education|
- physical layer secrecy: energy-security tradeoffs
- green radio
- cross-layer design for wireless networks
- game theoretic approaches for wireless networks
- cooperative algorithms for interference mitigation
- cognitive radio networks
- radio resource management for cellular and ad hoc networks
- Cristina Comaniciu received the M.S. degree in electronics from the Polytechnic University of Bucharest in 1993
- Ph.D. degree in electrical and computer engineering from Rutgers University in December 2001
- Postdoctoral, Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, 2003
|Experience & Service|
- From 1998 to 2001 she was with the Wireless Information Network Laboratory (WINLAB) at Rutgers University, working on integrated access control and detection algorithms for multimedia CDMA systems. At WINLAB she worked under the supervision of Professor Narayan Mandayam
- From 2002 to 2003 she was affiliated with the Electrical Engineering Department at Princeton University as a research associate, working with Professor H. Vincent Poor
- Since August 2003, she is with Stevens Institute of Technology, where she is currently and Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. She also serves as Electrical Engineering Graduate Program Director.
Associate Editor for IEEE Communications Letters (2007-2011).
|Achievements & Professional Societies|
|Honors & Awards|
- 2012 IEEE Communication Society, Dynamic Spectrum Etiquette paper listed as "Best reading topics on cognitive radios
- 2012 Rutgers School of Engineering Distinguished Young Alumnus Medal of Excellence
- 2011 Women Leaders in Academia - Rutgers University
- 2010 IEEE Outstanding Industrial Panel Chair Award, Sarnoff Symposium
- 2007 IEEE Marconi Best Paper Prize Award in Wireless Communications
- 2004 WINSEC Award for Outstanding Contibutions
|Grants, Contracts & Funds|
Professor Comaniciu's work has been sponsored by several grants awarded by NSF, ONR, and the European Union.
|Patents & Inventions|
"METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR COOPERATIVE DIVERSITY VISUAL COGNITION IN WIRELESS VIDEO SENSOR NETWORKS", patent application, May 2012.
|Professor Comaniciu is member of IEEE. |
Engin Zeydan, Didem Kivanc, Ufuk Tureli and Cristina Comaniciu. (2012). "Joint Iterative Beamforming and Power Adaptation for MIMO Ad Hoc Networks", EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, special issue on Recent Advances in Multiuser MIMO Systems.
Q. Shi, C. Comaniciu, D. Wang, U. Tureli. (2011). "Cross-layer MAC design for location-aware wireless sensor networks", Wiley International Journal of Communication Systems, 7 (24), 872-888.
A. Apavatjrut, C. Goursaud, K. Jaffres-Runser, C. Comaniciu, J-M. Gorce. (2011). "Toward Increasing Packet Diversity for Relaying LT Fountain Codes in Wireless Sensor Networks", IEEE Communication Letters, 1 (15), 52-54.
C. Comaniciu, N.B. Mandayam, H.V. Poor, J-M. Gorce. (2010). "An Auctioning Mechanism for Green Radio", Journal of Communication and Networks, 12 (2), pp. 114-121, 2010., 2 (12), 114-121.
N. Nie, C. Comaniciu. (2006). "Energy efficient AODV routing in CDMA ad hoc networks using beamforming ", Eurasip Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking , art. no. 76709 .
C. Comaniciu, H. Vincent Poor. (Aug 2006). "On the Capacity of Mobile Ad Hoc Networks with Delay Constraints", IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. (this paper won 2007 IEEE Marconi Best Paper Prize Award in Wireless Communications). 5 (8), 2061 – 2071.
D. Wang, C. Comaniciu, U. Tureli. (2007). "Cooperation and fairness for slotted Aloha ", special issue on Wireless Personal Communications on Cooperation in Wireless Networks, Springer. 43 (1), 13-27 .
H. Mahmood and C. Comaniciu. (2009). "Interference Aware Cooperative Routing for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks", Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier. Ad Hoc Networks 7 (1), pp. 248-263
. 7 (1), 248-263.
D. Wang, C. Comaniciu, M. Hlaing, N. Al-Dhahir. (Nov 2008). "A Game-Theoretic Approach for Exploiting Multiuser Diversity in Cooperative Slotted Aloha", Transactions on Wireless Communications, IEEE . 7 (11), 4215 - 4225 .
C. Comaniciu, H. V. Poor. (Jan 2007). "Joint Power Control and Routing for Wireless Ad Hoc Data Networks", Eurasip Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking , art. no. 60707.
Y. Liu, C. Comaniciu, H. Man. (2006). "Modeling Misbehavior in Ad Hoc Networks: A Game Theoretic Approach for Intrusion Detection", International Journal of Security and Networks (IJSN), Download (306 KB PDF).
N. Nie, C. Comaniciu. (2006). "Adaptive Channel Allocation Spectrum Etiquette for Cognitive Radio Networks", 11 (6), 779-797 . Download (526 KB PDF).
C. Comaniciu, H. Vincent Poor. (May 2005). Wireless Networks: Multiuser Detection in Cross-Layer Design, Springer, NY.
N. Nie, K. Jaffres-Runser, C. Comaniciu. (Dec 2008). "On the tradeoffs of cross-layer protocols for cognitive radio networks", Yang Xiao and Fei Hu, Auerbach Publications, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
C. Comaniciu. (Nov 2007). "Cooperation for Cognitive Networks: A Game Theoretic Perspective", Frank Fitzek and Marcos Katz, Cognitive Wireless Networks: Concepts, Methodologies and Visions Inspiring the Age of Enlightenment of Wireless Communications, Springer.
K. Jaffres-Runser, J-M. Gorce, C. Comaniciu. (Sep 2008). "A Multiobjective Tabu framework for the optimization and evaluation of wireless systems", Local Search Techniques: Focus on Tabu Search, Wassim Jaziri, I-Tech Education and Publishing.
N. Nie, C. Comaniciu and P. Agrawal. (Nov 2006). "A Game Theoretic Approach to Interference Management in Cognitive Networks", Wireless Communications , P. Agrawal, D. M. Andrews, P. J. Fleming, G. Yin, and L. Zhang , IMA Volumes of Mathematics and its Applications, Springer.