Welcome to this years 2007 SAE Heavy Lift Cargo Plane homepage. Throughout this site all information and work can be found properly documented. The goal is to give guidence to future groups who wish to take on the challenge of competing in the Society of Automotive Engineers, SAE, Aero competition.
The ultimate goal is to design a heavy lift cargo aeroplane for the SAE Aero East competition. Once a design has been determined, the team will proceed with its construction. The construction will constitute alot of the teams time and much team work will be necessary for success. The team will be focusing on designing the model diligently and accurately to the concluded design specifications. The pinnacle of this semester is to construct a successful heavy lift cargo plane for the Fort Worth, Texas competition on May 4-6th, 2007.
Regulations of 2007 Competition:
• Fixed Wing Aircraft
• Wing Planform Limit: 1000 square inches
• Maximum Gross Weight Limit: 55 lbs
• Payload bay : 4x4x16 inches rectangular block
• Single unmodified O.S. .61FX Engine with E-4010 Muffler
• Maximum Take-Off distance: 200ft
• Maximum Landing distance: 400ft
• Highest Flight Score Wins